NaturAL-X Brick Cladding
Helping Hand System Setup:
- Get the necessary Helping Hand brackets: Obtain single aluminium brackets (40mm & 60mm), a single aluminium bracket (90mm – 300mm), and a double aluminium bracket (90mm – 300mm).
- Install double aluminium bracket: Place it at the bottom corners, middle of the flat wall, and secure it with nails. Repeat this process on the right, left, and centre using single brackets. Also, install at the top corners and middle.
- Attach Helping Hand Mullion: Secure the L Rail Helping Hand Mullion vertically to the brackets, providing a stable base for the cladding.
Brick Rail Setup:
- Place stainless-steel starter rails vertically along the edges. Secure them to Helping Hand brackets using appropriate fasteners.
- Insert T Rails horizontally: These act as horizontal support. Start with the top and bottom placements.
- Remove long starter rails: Nail T Rails in place. Use a short starter rail for the bottom and middle support.
Brick Slips Installation:
- Begin with standard brick slips: Place right-handed header on the right side of the flat wall.
- Install stretcher on the left side.
- Repeat with left-handed headers on the left side until installation is complete.
- Finally, install mortar to finish the installation.
For more details and the complete guide, visit the NaturAL-X page.
Brick Slip Cladding vs. Traditional Brickwork
While traditional brickwork has its merits, the cost-effectiveness of brick slip cladding makes it an attractive option for many construction projects.
Durability and Longevity
Brick slip cladding, when installed correctly, offers exceptional durability and longevity, with the added advantage of easier repairs if needed.
Brick slip cladding systems consume fewer raw materials and reduce waste compared to traditional brickwork, making them a more environmentally friendly choice.
Applications of Brick Slip Cladding Systems
Brick slip cladding finds applications in various construction projects, including:
Residential Building: Enhancing the exterior of residential properties with brick slip cladding adds character and charm to modern homes.
Commercial Spaces: Commercial buildings can benefit from brick slip cladding, providing an inviting and professional facade.
Renovation Projects: Brick slip cladding is an ideal solution for renovating old or damaged exteriors, transforming buildings without extensive construction work.
Addressing Common Misconceptions
Weather Resistance: Brick slip cladding systems are designed to withstand harsh weather conditions, ensuring longevity and maintaining their appearance over time.
Structural Integrity: When installed properly, brick slip cladding does not compromise the structural integrity of the building.
Aesthetics: You have the option to choose from a diverse selection of brick slip colours, textures, and patterns to tailor the design to your specific architectural needs.
Factors to Consider Before Choosing Brick Slip Cladding
Building Regulations and Permits: Before opting for brick slip cladding, ensure compliance with local building regulations and obtain any necessary permits.
Material Selection: Choosing high-quality brick slips and a mechanically fixed cladding system is crucial for the cladding’s long-term performance.
Professional Installation: Hiring experienced professionals for installation ensures the cladding system’s durability and visual appeal.
The brick slip cladding systems have brought a revolutionary change in the construction industry by providing a flexible and visually pleasing option to conventional brickwork. Brick slip cladding has numerous advantages like affordability, improved aesthetics, and better thermal performance, making it a popular choice for both residential and commercial projects.